Friday, November 2, 2012

Wedding DIY: Pouchette / Petal Envelope

T-30. 


1 month to go, and I will be a Mrs. Danilo Chua!! Imagine?!? ONE MONTH!! I am excited, nervous and panicky all the same time. It's like there's a whirlpool of emotions going on inside me. :)


Lately, I find blogging as some sort of relaxation and relief. Or maybe, I just need an outlet...hahahah! Since I don't have anyone to share my excitement and rants with (other than Dan), I just write everything here (journals are made for that, right?). I also decided not to create a separate blog/wedsite for our wedding. I just find it a waste of cyberspace coz there's no more use for it after the wedding (just my opinion)...or maybe I am just plain lazy? hahah!  


Anyway, today I'll share our DIY petal envelopes for our pre-wedding celebrations. Yes, PRE-WEDDING! and not just for one, but for two pre-wedding celebrations... :) By God's grace, Dan's both side of the family were blessed with big families. And since our wedding venue can only accommodate 250 guests, we cannot invite them all on our big day. Thank you for my future in-law's kindness for arranging everything and also for their generosity for footing the bill. Yey! :D

Sorry, I digress. :)

You can find a lot of DIY instructions for petal envelope on the web, but some requires a lot of tools (like protractors, bone folders, cutter machines, etc.). For my pouchette, these are just the materials that I used:
-  A2 vellum paper (got it for SGD1.2 at Fancy Paper, Bugis)
-  ruler
-  pencil
-  eraser
-  typewriting paper
-  scissor
-  brush (optional) 


Step 1: Go to Printable Paper site and print the polar graph with 15 degrees angle and 1/4 inch radial. Cut to desired size (my invite is 6 inches, so I cut a 6 1/4" diameter circle. Fold the circle into half.


Step 2: Get the vellum paper. Fold it lengthwise.


Step 3: Fold again the paper into 3 even pieces, then cut. By now, you should have 6 12"x12" square vellum pieces.


Step 4: Get a piece of the vellum paper and the ruler. Draw a box with the same size as your base circle. Get and trace your "improvised" protractor to create the flaps. Cut to have something like this (this will be your trace paper):


Step 5: Before folding, you may want to erase the traces. You may use a brush to wipe off the dirt.


Step 6: Fold each flap in to form the pouchette. Create folds with your finger or a ruler to help the flaps lay flat.


Step 7: Insert your invite...then, taaaddaaahh!

At first, I was contemplating if I will just buy online and have them delivered from US. Thank God I did not coz I saved more than 40SGD from shipment and stuff! I also thank God for my very loving and supportive fiancé who stayed up with me til wee hours to cut and fold the papers. :)

More DIYs to come :)


3 comments:

ledabrigino said...

wow good job! yehey one month nalang! :)

Elaine said...

Tes! Super lapit na mag-GAME OVER. Hahaha! Ikaw din, malapit na. Hoping you and lou are having a blast din on your wedding preps :)

bandbajega said...

The most important task in wedding to select wedding invitation card. and you have really done amazing work. awaiting for another post.

Buy Wedding Envelope....