Monday, October 20, 2008

Waiting for His Coming


Three more days and I can't hardly wait. It's been weeks, months since I've anticipated, patiently waited for this. Because finally, this Thursday, I'll be able to see Dan's face once again. And not just for a few days, but for many days to come.Ü


By God's grace, he was able to get a job here in Singapore. I was really happy the moment I knew about it. The idea of us exploring every corner of Singapore, sharing meals, and doing things together delighted my mind and excited my heart. I was busy preparing since then (we've only got 2 weeks!) - looking for his room, thinking of things he needed to buy there, and I here, etc.

And now three more days on my countdown - preparations have been done, a room has been found, plans have been sorted out. Everything seems set and ready.

But now, as I reflect on all the things I've done for Dan these past few days, there's one thing that the Holy Spirit asked and whispered to me - "What are you doing for your Savior's coming?" "Are you prepared?"

I was really struck by the realization of this. And I was reminded, that my whole life is a story of waiting, anticipating and preparing for His coming.

Jesus told us in Mark 13:33 to be alert and be ready for we don't know when the time will come. If that time is now and If I see Christ's face today, I couldn't look at His countenance. If He ask what I've done for Him, I do not know what I'll say.

I'm deeply ashamed right now. My soul grieves with this realization. I humbly ask for forgiveness for my attitude and for not being a true servant.

Yet my whole being is thankful to the Holy Spirit for always..always reminding me that I should lead my life in full anticipation and expectation of Jesus Christ's coming. I really don't know exactly how right now. And I pray, that may the Holy Spirit will lead me, guide me, show me how. Amen.

2 comments:

Danilo Chua said...

Your sentiments struck me deep as well hon... To wait and prepare for Christ means to live every single day with anticipation, to face every single day with Him as the focus, as the point of everything... to expect in excitement knowing that He may come anytime... and to be weary and careful of sins and temptation as to not displease the very person we live our life for. Thank you for your sharing... i am deeply blessed by it and by you... Amen... Amen!

ledabrigino said...

ei elaine, now ko lang nabasa posts mo dito. they're enlightening, and I'm still absorbing the change that happened in you hehe. or maybe I've never seen this side of you. ang galing. and ang galing ni Lord! nyway, it's been a long time! write write write again! :)